Thursday, July 4, 2013

Rainy Day Musings

Paige and I explored a new grocery store this week and when we got there, we discovered that it was a very Jewish store. All the women wore long skirts, and long sleeves with their long hair in shawls. All the men wore their kippahs and prayer strings. Paige and I--strangely enough--both happened to be wearing maxi dresses that day, but I felt keenly aware of my short sleeves, short (uncovered) hair, and sandaled feet. I'm not a very good Jew.

During our trip to the library this week, we saw a man there with his kids. His kippah and prayer strings marked him as obviously Jewish, but his pants were kinda baggy and he wore a t-shirt with a stick figure playing a video game and the phrase "Not now, I'm busy" across the front. It was a funny combination.

Anna's in the clown ruffles, bombing Emma's couch time and photo session.

We have a little dress that I put Anna in for the first time this week. It has strawberries and flowers, and says, "organically grown" all over. It's a sweet little dress, but I couldn't help but feeling all day like it was false advertising; with the fetal surgery and all the medical intervention that's gone on, I don't think that she could be considered organic.  

The girlies are getting to a stage where they are much more awake and aware. Anna especially wants to be up and seeing everything and does not like to be left in her rocker if she is awake. The word 'restless' is an apt description of them, but every time someone says the babies are restless, I can't help but hear, "the natives are restless." Hopefully it will be a while before I'm being chased by these angry savages, since I know I'm the white woman that's going to end up being sacrificed. For now, I think everyone around here is pretty restless.

1 comment:

  1. Giant challenges come in sweet little packages sometimes. But I think you and Jeff--and Paige--are up to those challenges.

    ReplyDelete