Friday, February 15, 2013

Off the Ball

Paige got invited to her first Valentine's exchange party this year! We tried making the valentines, we really did. But being without a printer, and limited by the fact that I didn't really want to spend money on them, we were left at the mercy of Paige's attention span and my stamina, which didn't get us very far. After our second attempt the morning before the party failed, I gave in and decided we could get something at Walmart on the way. It didn't occur to me that Wally's was where every other desperate parent would have gone the night before. There was nothing. Not even the weird, misprinted animal ones with psychedelic tattoos and sayings like, "I can BEARLY stand you, Valentine."

I almost just took Paige home, saying we'd make cookies and do all the pink laundry instead, but we decided to still go, hoping no one would notice our shabbily-decorated wipes container and lack of gifts.

Luckily, 3-year-olds are very forgiving--or unperceptive--especially when hopped up on sugar. We played games, ate treats, and Paige happily colored Daddy a card, which she cut into a million pieces when she discovered the safety scissors...oops.  My favorite part was her singing this song, followed by a kiss for each of us.

I'll try to get my act together before she gets into school and actually cares about Valentine's.  Overall though, I think it was a good day, in spite of my parenting fails. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Stop it. Okay? Seriously, just stop. I can't handle the cuteness. I need to see my Paigey-poo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I miss her! And you guys too of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can blame any missteps on those darn twins. They probably amp up the hormones any time they think Paige is getting more than her share of attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful song! I love her adorable little smiles at the end, too. I ove and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete