Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hospital Highlights

Doctors talk about odd things sometimes, particularly when things are going well, which for the moment, they seem to be. I'm still on modified bedrest, but if things still look good next week, I might be allowed to slowly start increasing my activity level! For now though, here are my favorite quotes from my recent medical encounters:

  • She did fantastic! She didn't even need any narcotics!
  • I think we spilled 200 ml or so on the floor. We need to make sure to keep track of that. 
  • No, her cervix is right there and it looks great. That there? That's poop.
  • Look at that beautiful bladder! I'm just going to stare at that picture for a minute.
  • Do eat foods you do like. Don't eat foods you don't like. Avoid certain gassy combinations like beans and brussel sprouts, because that's just unpleasant.
  • Yay for being normal! We love normal! 
  • She's moving around a lot, which is awesome, but it makes my job hard. 
  • Your bladder is very full. You might want to empty it soon.  

If I have to spend a lot of time in the hospital, at least the company is good. Everything going well is a big plus too.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I got several good and hearty laughs from this comments. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love chit-chat from those who are so excited about looking at and playing with your innards? Most people are too zoned out to hear all that banter.

    ReplyDelete