Sunday, August 12, 2012

Damage Control

It's raining in Maryland. Grandpa and Grandma's house has a lot of Very Nice Things. We spend a lot of time telling Paige 'No.' She's not thrilled.

Up until now, Paige has been sleeping in a crib, but since we've been here, she's been sleeping in Tuck Tuck's bed (with Phillip, La La, Clifford, and Elmo). Because it's only been a couple days that she's been sleeping without bars, I didn't necessarily expect to walk in on her Friday, having smeared an entire tube of Desitin all over the bed and herself. Ironically, none of it got into her diaper, because she couldn't get her pants off, and that's what she was crying about when I came in.

By some miracle, the carpet was also spared, but it still took us well over an hour to get everything cleaned up. We've run the sheets through the washer three times though, and they still smell like bum cream.

Now, the next part is my own fault. For some reason I decided that we needed to top things off by giving Paige a haircut right before bed. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, having had a long day of being scrubbed and rebuked and punished, she was in a right mood. She sat very patiently in the chair while I got her all ready, but as soon as I started cutting, I may as well have been giving a haircut to bobblehead on a dirt road. What was going to be a quick trim became shorter and shorter as I tried to fix botched clips without spearing my thrashing baby. Jeff finally called a halt to the madness and sent us both to our rooms.

After a good night's sleep, we looked over the situation yesterday and each took a turn trying to patch things up. Four packs of fruit snacks and an episode of Spongebob later, here's what we got: it's short, and definitely not ideal, but it'll do till it grows back out. Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, life with a toddler. It's never boring, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete