Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fancy Food

Jeff has been making bread again lately, trying to recreate and one-up the fresh bread we get from Sainsbury's. I'm always impressed when it comes out of the oven.



A very common food here is a "pasty" which is pretty much a pot pie wrapped like an empanada. I love chicken pot pie. I think I like it even more as a pie-lette, which one makes when one doesn't have a pie tin. I didn't think about making pasties until they were already in the oven. Next time.



An, of course, we can't forget a nod to our local food connoisseur. It's intimidating to cook for her sometimes. She can be a tyrant.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy looking bread! And the food connoisseur looks like she takes her job very seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jeff! The bread is gorgeous! I want to eat a pasty! What is the Little Miss Connoisseur eating? It looks more like chocolate pudding. Or would that be figgy pudding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore her little mustache! I'll have to make Suzie post the mustache picture I have of Derek soon. He looks like the Joker. Haha!

    ReplyDelete