Sunday, October 26, 2014

Garden Party

Paige finally decided that she wanted to be a bee for Halloween this year. I think that the wings sealed the deal. That girl loves any excuse to wear a pair of wings. But, she sort of wanted to be a princess too. I asked her if maybe she wanted to be a queen bee, and she said no, but she did want to be a princess bee. So here is my little princess bee, ready for the ward trunk-or-treat:

The babies didn't have much of an opinion about what they wanted, and I had lots of leftover yellow felt, so they ended up as a butterfly and a sunflower.

In spite of only having one bee, all three scurried around the courtyard for a good ten minutes making buzzing sounds and looking for flowers. I had to trample several large mushrooms before my curious flower crawled into them.

The babies had sort of a love-hate relationship with their costumes. The things were fun to wear for a minute, but they couldn't see themselves, and got annoyed with the accessories pretty quick. I distracted them with cookies long enough for a few pictures.

Anna really wanted wings like Paige, but I thought I'd make her something less breakable. They worked as long as she was distracted, but the wrist straps bothered her, and the yellow markings are already starting to come off.
I think I might try making something like these for our dress-up box instead:




 I keep having to remind myself that real Halloween--and Paige's dress up day at school-- is next week. Is it really still October? Come on November, hurry up! I need all this candy out of my house. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment