Monday, September 3, 2012

Gone Fishin'

For Labor Day, Grandpa took us fishing at Piney Run!
When Paige wasn't playing on the slides near the shore, she had fun looking at Grandpa's lures. Especially the worms.
 
For a while we thought that we weren't going to catch anything, but after leaving his pole in the water for a minute to go play with Paige, Jeff proudly stated that he'd caught the first fish. Gutsy little guy too, going after a lure almost as big as himself.
I was lucky enough to claim the second fish of the night. The first fish I've baited, cast and reeled in all by myself! I'll teach him to run off with all my bait.

Paige said it was a talking fish, so we put it back in hopes of getting a wish. We're still waiting to hear back...
We didn't end up with anything to take home for dinner, but it sure made for a fun day! Thanks, Grandpa!

1 comment:

  1. I love the "Grandma, touch it!" "That's okay!" Sweet family awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete