Monday, December 6, 2010

race to the top

when paige's health visitor came to visit us a little while ago, she made sure to remind us that when we put paige to bed, we should put her "feet to the foot" so she doesn't get tangled in the blankets. in other words, her feet need to be against the bottom of the cot. she also starts out the night on her back. an hour or two in, however, this is what we find, and this is how she insists on sleeping:



in the morning, this is how we wake up:


for someone who can't even crawl, she sure gets around.

5 comments:

  1. Caleb sleeps somewhat clock-like. He doesn't change where he is on the bed much, but he's pointing a different direction every time that you see him, although he's getting better. Perhaps now that it's getting chilly during the night, he's starting to realize that staying under the blankets is a good idea. Emily didn't move around so much, but insisted on sleeping on her side with her back bent so far that her head was nearly touching her feet. Now she prefers to sleep nearly sitting up, propped up by pillows because of a scene from Enchanted, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca! I am thrilled to know of your blog. I just read more of it than sounds normal in one setting. Your baby is beautiful. Time sure flies, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT? I missed a blog update? I was checking for the chocolate pics and I see something I love even more! So, isn't it amazing that all the practice tummy time she had when she would just cry herself to sleep is now her preferred sleeping position...?! Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet I can guess which side of the family Paige's sleep-spinning comes from.... And yes, those gloves are AMAZING. I'm still trying to decide if they were actually knitted like that, because if you could keep the chocolate the right consistency for that long, I would change my career-path to confectionery fashion tomorrow. I'm fascinated! (And I currently have no career-path to speak of, so that's sorta like nothing to lose.)

    ReplyDelete