Saturday, October 16, 2010

a day out


so, two weeks into london and all we'd really seen was school and the grocery store. oh, and the library! yay library! we're going back for singing time next week!
anyway, today we finally got a chance to spend a day doing the tourist thing. paige was so excited! she looks so cute in her hat.



tangent: yesterday as i was walking to the store, i passed a little girl who started to sing, "little baby in a green hat! little baby in a green HAT!" as she danced down the sidewalk next to her mum. that's what i think of whenever i put this hat on her now.





back to today. first stop was Buckingham Palace. we live only a little ways from here. one day we'll come at like, 3 in the morning so we can beat the crowd and actually see the changing of the guards. curse these short legs!





there are a lot of embassies in london. we passed a lot of them on the way to see jeff's school. this was my favorite.






on the way home we walked by big ben and then westminster abbey. you can't really see it in this picture though. this random couple and their baby got in the way.


and this last picture is partly to document for myself that the sun really does shine in england. it's kind of a pretty place when it's not so gloomy.

5 comments:

  1. At the Texas embassy, you can find political sanctuary from people making fun of your ridiculously sized hat and belt buckle. For those who are feeling a bit crowded, the Texas embassy has a bunch of empty rooms. They also provide novelty hot sauces. Interesting to note: Area of the United Kingdom ~243610 square kilometres, pop. 61,414,062; Area of Texas ~261914 square miles (nearly 3 times larger), pop. 24,782,302.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you glad you have well informed family in Texas? Your baby is really cute - I want to meet her one day. She and Elinor can play. I also noticed that Jeff shaved. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you guys the same thing I told Jared and Suzie, "We love you guys!" too. :)

    It does look like a lot of fun; I hope you guys are able to enjoy it. Moving can be hard, and I assume moving with a baby is most definitely hard, but you guys are awesome, I'm sure the hard parts won't last too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you approve, Amanda. Frankly, I do too. The facial hair was always just an experiment anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You really are there! Tell that random couple in the way of the view of those landmarks that they are so good looking.

    And I know what you mean about the short-leg curse.

    ReplyDelete