Sunday, May 31, 2009

small and simple


i remember watching a skittles commercial when i was little, and being so amazed at the rainbow bursting out of the ground that i immediately bought some skittles. and planted them in the front yard. i watered and watched them very closely for about a week and was very disappointed with the pointed lack of rainbow in my front yard. after going to church, i decided that i must not have had enough faith.

my current basil FINALLY sprouted tuesday, and the flowers sprouted today! i did a dance.
lesson: i probably still need more faith. and lots more patience.

2 comments:

  1. We all need faith like unto a mustard seed. Thanks for the spiritual lesson

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sprouted basil from seed! I am very impressed. I bought a start & usually the "Clarks" of the world eat it up but this time my Basil (I shall henceforth call him Basil :o)) is in a pot on my deck & I don't think too many snails & slugs will pioneer that trek! I might get some unholy basil from Basil!

    ReplyDelete