Saturday, January 25, 2014

Toes, Teeth, and Mountain Climbing

Paige and I decided to paint each others' nails while the babies napped. After applying the pink paint to my toes with minimal smears, she blew on them and looked at me sternly saying, "Now don't move until your toes are dry, okay? I'll be right back." She went into her room and while I sat on the stool blowing on my toes, Anna started to cry, so I went to calm her down before she woke Emma up. As I was tucking her back in I heard Paige go back into the kitchen and growl. "Ugh! I TOLD her not to go until her toes were dry and I came back!" She stomped back into her room and continued harrumphing until I came in and apologized for not listening.

We were making omelets, and Paige picked up one of the eggs very carefully and said, "One day, I'm going to take an egg and give it to a penguin so that it can be his baby!" That poor, sad, confused little chicken.

Everything magically turned into princesses today! Paige put on her fairy tutu and "poof!" the blinds were princesses! "Poof!" The TV was a princess. "Poof!" The babies are baby princesses! "Poof!" Daddy is a daddy-princess!...

Yesterday definitely won the weirdest-dinner-of-the-week award. I didn't feel like cooking much, so I started making some raspberry oatmeal. But, we needed a vegetable, right? I mean, it was dinner. nd what vegetable goes with oatmeal? Miso-sauted broccoli! Add to that the leftover cold pizza, and I could almost hear Tom Colicchio kicking me off TopChef for lack of cohesion. Oh well. At least Paige actually ate her food.

Emma's finally sitting and crawling! She's wobbly and slow. And her crawling is still army-style, but she's mobile! Emma also has her first tooth! A tiny bottom left one, with a second looking to be close behind.

Anna's the only one left toothless. She doesn't seem to mind though. She's too busy trying to climb the walls. She's an expert crawler now. Most obstacles (toys, clothes, her sisters) are no match for her dauntless curiosity. We've been blocking off the kitchen with a laundry basket, but she managed to crawl into it the other day. She's pulled herself into a standing position a couple times, but then she gets over-confident and lets go or tries to walk. She thinks she's pretty hot stuff.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates. Your girls are wonderful. But you knew that. ;D

    ReplyDelete