Saturday, January 5, 2013

You Might Feel Pregnant If...


  •  People covertly glance or stare at your belly as they try to figure out  if you're pregnant without actually asking. 
  • You sneak off to the bathroom in the middle of church to scarf a cold baked potato and cheese sticks.
  • A trip to the hospital is the highlight of your week.
  • One of the best compliments you receive all day is, "Oh, that placenta is just perfect, honey!"
  • You wake up at 3 am starving, and eat leftover beans and rice. Why are there no more baked potatoes?!
  • You routinely talk to your belly. Your family no longer asks who you're talking to. 
  • Your husband points out that you've been crying for 15 minutes over a Jimmy Dean smoked sausage commercial.
  • You have to go potty about as often as your potty-training 2-year-old. She cheers for you and offers you an M&M.
  • When eating in public, you can't help but think, "Don't judge me, I'm pregnant!"
  • You'd kind of rather cuddle with your husband's pillow than your husband.
  • When you ask your daughter to help pick up toys she says, "I can't, the baby is making me feel sick."
  • You get mad at your food tracker when it says you're over on your dairy consumption. You can't tell me what to do! I'm pregnant! I'll drink as much milk as I want.
  • You catch yourself trying to parent a sonogram: "Hold still for a minute! Stop kicking each other! Stay on your side of the womb!" 
However mundane being an incubator is, at least there's a lot to laugh at. I'm just so...pregnant. Don't judge me!

5 comments:

  1. I love this! Way to go Mom of Twins and a Two-er. Here's hoping the barfs are not too bad, the potatoes stay in good supply and that the trips to the potty go well for both of you. Hang in there Dad. You think it's bad NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! I love this post! I hope you and your two babies are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite post of the new year by a significant measure. I think you deserve a few m&ms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twins! Congrats!! That is amazing. Your kiddos are so lucky. And Paige is SO grown up. Rebecca, I am so excited for you all. This is a great post. I also love Paige with babies in her tommy. I am glad you are laughing more than crying, but I cry a lot too when I am preggers. Stay healthy and blog when you can, I want to see pics and hear more about all of this!

    ReplyDelete