Sunday, February 7, 2010

omphaloskepsis


i don't photograph well and it's always cold/we're busy, so belly pictures are always taken in a "last minute, no make-up, bad lighting and weird face but too tired to care" kind of way, the result being that all pregnant photos of me are pretty terrible. oh well.

also, i think i'm turning into a ravenous koala. i'm always starving and super tired. lesson learned though: pregnant women were not meant to live on beans and broccoli alone. neither baby or i were very happy that day.

gastrointestinal issues aside,baby's becoming quite the little helper. she often moves around and tickles me in the middle of class/church to help me stay awake, or stretches so i can't shave my legs and consequently take much less time to shower. she's even shown something of an interest in interpretive dance! what a good baby.

7 comments:

  1. Say what you I want, but you look wonderful. I love your sense of humor though. You're the cutest ravenous koala I've ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a baby to help me stay awake in church...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely darling! Broccoli & beans would bother most tummies so I'm not surprised that Beanita objected. Enjoy her dancing now cause next she's going to demonstrate her martial arts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of interpretive dance, one night when I was 5 months pregnant with Tricia, John and I were watching the movie Footloose. When the theme song, Footloose, came on, Tricia started dancing. She moved and wiggled and kicked through the whole song, but as soon as the music stopped so did she. It was a really fun experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm... sometimes I could compare myself to a ravenous koala... but I'm not pregnant. So I have no excuse. P.S... you're so stinkin' cute I can't restrain my own baby hunger. Come quicker little beanie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited for you and your family. Cindy only has a few weeks before she hatches. She is carrying a big boy who is into martial arts. Ravenous koala is a great way to describe pregnancy. Keep the cute pics coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. babies....... i want a mini bean. bean beans they are good for your heart the more you let them grow in your tummy....the bigger they get? hmmm. i think you look tip top becca. tip top indeed.

    ReplyDelete